Lightweight Solutions for Transportation
- RIM Processing - Solid Elastomer
- HELP® Bumper Modules (High Energy Level Polymers)
- FIXED Barrier Impact @ 5 mph Barrier Impact (multiple hits) at Curb Weight
- CENTER Impact @ 6.5 mph Center Strike Impact of a 4,000-pound Impact Sled
- 30 DEGREE CORNER @ 35.5 mph Corner Strike Impact @ 4,000 lbs.
- Approved for New 30,000 lb. Curb Weight Bus
- (2) & (3) Pc Bumper Modules w/ Breakaway Corners
- In-Mold Paint (IMP) Capability
- Maintenance Free
- Puncture Resistant
- Multiple Back Structure Concepts
- Transmits Residual Impact Forces to the Vehicle Chassis
- American Public Transportation Association's (APTA) Bus Procurement Guidelines (TS 68).
As a leading edge supplier of Energy Absorbing (EA) Bumper Module Systems for the transit, para-transit, and delivery truck markets, we used our lessons learned, technology and expertise to create a new bumper system that satisfied industries standards for performance and exceeded our customers’ expectations. Also successfully reduced weight and cost over our industries previous design. Our redesigned bumper is now in the field and satisfies the new line of 30,000 lbs. curb weight requirement.
The HELP® Energy Absorbing Bumper
Designed and engineered by Romeo RIM for transit companies in the North America. With the redesign of an industries existing bumper to reduce weight and cost, while still meeting the American Public Transportation Association's (APTA) bus procurement guidelines (section TS 68).
Using our patented HELP® technology, we combined our unique engineering capabilities, in-house testing facility, and over (30) years of experience to develop a new Energy-Absorbing(EA) Bumper. When compared with the client's previous bumper system, the new bumper provided (15%) weight savings and (10%) cost savings.